Saturday 14 April 2012

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

As by the title, I'm sure you can tell that the first Bollywood film I watched was Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. This was an amazing movie to choose to kick off my Bollywood film reviews. The film stars Kajol and Shahrukh Khan (one of Bollywood's favorite movie couple) and Rani Mukerji (Kajol's real life cousin).

The film is extremely cliche yet the perfect happy family movie composed of a love triangle, death and laughter all round in this comedy filled movie. I absolutely loved it. Every minute. The story line is a little plain and there are many plotholes, for example, the expectation by a mother that an extremely beautiful woman will still be single after 8 years and willing to take her widower-ed husband who broke said woman's heart. Nonetheless, it maintains a perfect balance of themes prevalent in almost every Bollywood film with the motif of 'love conquers all' echoing throughout it.

I am no absolutely in love with the name Anjali, the name of both Kajol's character and Shahrukh Khan's daughter's character. I only wish it was a little less popular and would seriously consider naming any future daughter's of mine Anjali.


My recommendation? If you're in the mood for a fun filled evening with a happy movie and a few laughs, watch it.

Love
C

No comments:

Post a Comment