Monday 16 April 2012

Dil

I just watched the film Dil starring Aamir Khan and Madhuri Dixit. Madhuri is perhaps one of my favourite Bollywood actresses. Her acting is so good and she looks so beautiful (not that, that is a fact that I will discriminate on for any actress). Madhuri won a Filmfare award for this film and after watching it, I think it was a well deserved award.

Dil is a film about a boy Raja, whose father wants to have him married off to a millionaire's daughter with a handsome dowry. The millionaire's daughter in question is Madhu who is a beautiful yet feisty and spoilt girl. Upon her initial meeting with Raja, the two completely hate each other. Yet, as is common for all Bollywood tales, this passionate hatred soon turns into a passionate love. However, this is not the end of the film as the couple face several other hardships.

This film was rated the no.1 Box Office Hit in Bollywood in 1990. As is typical with box office hits is the same values that resonate throughout. One qualm that I had about this film however, was the number of climaxes that occurred as problem after problem was found. I found it a little too much and it started to bore me a little. The overall film however, was a great film. Not my favourite, but certainly a great blockbuster hit.

One thing that I noticed throughout the dancing was how much it reminded me of the 70s Hollywood hit Grease starring Olivia Newton John and John Travolta. This was just for one song where they are inside when Madhu is practicing what appears to be Jazz Ballet and Raja makes her slip on a banana peel. Let me know what you think.

Love
C

No comments:

Post a Comment